Monday, April 20, 2009

Mentoring...



Who knew that I would ever become a 'mentor' ? I mean, I've always wanted to inspire others, and I hope that I can leave a positive impression on people...but mentoring adds a great deal of responsibility...and I'm so excited to become one!


First and foremost, I want to sincerely thank everyone who submitted their response for why they would love to be mentored. It was an honor to be able to offer this...and truly a super difficult decision to decide who to choose. No doubt I've been in everyone's shoes, at some point or another, and just needed that extra little push. I still do...and that's why I've joined teams with Dane Sanders to be coached. Part of my coaching is to be able to coach/mentor another individual...and I'm excited to say that my new mentee will be (drum roll please...)

Michelle Zeserson Riddle (http://www.michelleriddlephoto.com). Michelle is a wonderful photographer and has a true talent for photographing children and families. She lives in Santa Cruz, CA, is a full time mother of 3 gorgeous children, and is married to a wonderful husband who completely supports her business. In one year, Michelle went from zero to 60 with her business... I can only imagine the future success she will have.

Congratulations Michelle and I'm so excited to work with you!

Everyone who submitted an entry has amazing talent (I checked out everyone's websites) and I know that if you continue to do what you love, you will be fulfilled and successful! My advice is for each of you to seek the support of your peers, begin your own networking system with other photographers or join the ones online like Fast Track Photographers http://www.fasttrackphotographers/. Network, network, network!

There are so many resources out there and if you haven't already read the book Fast Track Photographer by Dane Sanders, then I highly recommend you do...I mean REALLY recommend, A #1, it should be a first priority! The information in there will transform how you think, feel and go about your business. My business, is going to be getting on the FAST TRACK!

I will be adding little 'tips, tricks, techniques and advice' to my blog, so stay tuned for lots of love from me to you! Again...thank you to all the wonderful photographers and I'm so happy to now have you in my network. Cheers!

3 comments:

Nicholle said...

Congrats Michelle!!

Can't wait to see you learn and grow on your blog!

Carrie Hasson said...

YAY Michelle!!!!

Holli True said...

Congratulations on finding Michelle! It's going to be great! :) I'm really excited to get to know you better and see where this amazing opportunity takes us!!