Monday, May 19, 2008

5 things...and one BIG surprise

Wow...I just realized how long it's been since I've 'blogged'...and I have so much to share...so I'm just going to mention 5 things and fill you in on the details later!

1. I just returned home from a wonderful trip to Prague where I finished my FIRST MARATHON in honor of a friend of mine, Kim, who battled leukemia...and is she's doing GREAT! I ran the marathon with 28 other Team in Training teammates...raising over $170,000 for Leukemia/Lymphoma research.
2. Speaking of battling...I also have to update you on my friend Jill (with breast cancer)...she's cancer free now and doing great. She gets a post all to herself as well....soon! WOO HOO! Prayers and good medicine work!

3. The fun memories that were captured at the 'Girl Photographers Rock Seattle' were amazing! However, the title will have to change to 'Girls and one brave Guy' ;). Details to come. The thing I loved most was being able to give back to my peers, photos of themselves. It's not often that we aren't 'posed' for a picture. I won't lie, it was a true treat to get some wonderful pictures of myself from the talented photographers I was with. Here's my trait 'crinkly nose' in action...and notice that fine specimen of a camera ;). picture courtesy of www.teeplespeoples.com
4. When I returned home yesterday, I was anxious to see who won the prizes for an amazing contest that truly touches the core of me http://www.projectchildhood.com/. I was honored to be a part of it and to be able to capture so many memories for children . I entered in 4 photos and here is the entry that was written about the lifechanging experience I had (600 photos and an HP Printer)http://projectchildhood.typepad.com/page/2/ So very cool! . I didn't win, but that wasn't really the point...I was more excited to see what other moments people documented in a child's life and to be able to give back myself. (check out my blog on 'Honduras' for more of the photos).

5. I can't wait to share some beautiful moments from my "lil firefly" (our nickname for eachother...because we light up eachother's lives) Nicole's wedding. It was an amazing wedding and she was stunning! This is my favorite picture of her with our friend, Kendra. More to come...stay tuned.By the beginning of next week, there will be a BIG, HUGE...I mean GIANORMOUS announcement that I'm just bursting out of my skin to share. I'm giddy and can't wait to let you in on the big reveal...oops, I may have given it away! ;)

Til then...I'm going to try to readjust to a 9 hour time change...ugh... and get back to reality!

No comments: