Saturday, March 22, 2008

Go TEAM!

Team in Training (www.teamintraining.com) has been near and dear to my heart since 2004. This is my 4th time being a participant and I've raised over $18,500. Team in Training is an organization that trains you for an endurance event at a cool destination, and in turn you raise money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (www.lls.org). I've competed twice in the Lavaman Olympic Distance Triathlon in Kona, HI and once at the Pacific Crest Half Iron Man in Bend, OR. This year I'll be doing my first Marathon in Prague on May 11th. I never thought I'd be a competitor in a Half Iron Man or let alone a Marathon...but I always end up surprising myself with the strength and endurance that I have...that or I'm just a bit nuts ;). No comment from the peanut gallery please! Just look at my pure exhiliration of finishing a 1.2mi swim, a 57 mi. bike ride and 13 mi. run....Nuts? Most participants of TNT have some connection to someone who has had a battle with Leukemia, Myeloma, or other blood related cancers. If you don't have a personal connection, it takes only minutes of meeting your teammates who have beat the odds or hearing stories of others who lost their battle, to make you want to support this cause. I highly recommend becoming a participant...it will change your life for ever. This photo is a list of people who I was running in honor/memory of.I am saddened to have learned of a recent death of someone battling Leukemia. Jennifer, a girl whom I personally didn't know but was drawn to her story through MeRa's Blog (http://www.merakohblog.com/2008/03/21/i-dont-understand/) ,passed away on Friday. My prayers go out to her family and friends. Jennifer, I hope you're rejoicing in the arms of God...you are now a true Angel! http://jennifercuellar.homeip.net/

No comments: