Thursday, January 3, 2008

Winter Wonderland in Colorado

Traditionally Christmas is spent in Seattle with the family, but this year my mom, dad, bro, grandma and muffy (the dog) spent it in Colorado at my parents house. Kevin, my bro, and I spent one day skiing up at Keystone where I found Santa and Rudolph at the Apres ski.


The snow dumped and the sun was shining bright... I love this type of weather!Kevin and I had to shovel his driveway before we could even get Nana out of the car.Here's our winter wonderland view looking out my parents back door.
There was a gorgeous full moon on Christmas eveHere is a full moon shot of the AirForce Academy all lit up on Xmas Eve.I was practicing taking some pictures of the pretty ornaments on the Xmas tree.This ornament was made by my grandpa when he was in 3rd grade (the poor lil owl is missing an eye and tapped together...how sweet). This was the one ornament Pa added to the tree every year...but since this is our first year without him, Nana brought it with her and put it in a place of honor. We miss having Pa with us!

Christmas Eve... mom made a wonder prime rib dinner...YUMMY!Nana and MuffyDad and his Xmas presents...get ready, set...open
I got a fun 5 in 1 set of reflectors... adding to my photography business ;)Dad got a new jacket, new gloves, and boots...and tested them out in the snow. Nana got us all web cams to keep in touch.
We all played several games of UNO after a morning of opening presents. Good family bonding.
Muffy was pooped out from all the Christmas events.
Two of mom's horses are being trained at the 'Half Fast Farms' so we decided to go see them being ridden.
Here is Wyndelynn being jumped. I rode her for some time afterwards. This was my sport growing up and I definitely miss riding!
Here is the local barn dog...so cute.

And the local barn cat....MEOW!Lastly, it's not a family reunion with out a little play fighting. Dad and Kevin wrestling WWF style.

There you have a little taste of Christmas 2007. Happy Holidays and Cheers to a great 2008!

No comments: