Friday, November 16, 2007

Harvest Festival

I said to myself that I wantd to write on my blog every other day at least, but this week just took over. John had a life changing surgery on Tuesday...he got a bright, new shiny hip. Yes, I said a new hip. He's doing great now and taking it easy at home for quite a few days. Congrats babe...I hope you're up and running around soon.

Wed and Thursday took me to Montana and Portland for work. Upon my return on Thursday night, my flight got canceled...so my co-worker and I rented a car and drove home. The joys of business travel. Today I had to play catch up with work and help take care of John while he's still recovering and unfortunately, dealing with a fever. But, he got to shower today! Woohoo for showers! LOL

Last Sunday was the 'harvest festival' with John's family. His brother, Bill, and his family came into town from CA. The rest of John's sisters, aunts, uncles, cousins and kids joined in the celebration...that would be around 50+ people. =) woah! My immediate family is about 17...certainly not big. It was great for the picture taking...which of course, I did. So here are a few fun photos that I can share of John's family.

Brothers and Sisters (Katie, Bill, Lisa and John)

Here is Owen and Georgia (John's niece and nephew) hard at work coloring


Look at this face!! I crack up every time I see it. Mason (one of John's second cousin's kid) has a HUGE personality..so freakin cute!



Georgia, John's niece, is just sweet and precious as can be!

Another cute kiddo. Everytime he saw the camera, he said a big 'Cheese' ,with a Chandler Bing-like smile (which really isn't a smile).Too funny!
Steele (Mason's brother) is such a little man. Love his grin. =)
Carey, John's sister in law, was teaching the kids how to play a game.
Westin, John's nephew, got caught looking like a chipmunk. This picture cracks me up!
John's mom's hands with Owen's (the youngest of his nephews). I thought of retaking this photo to have her fingers close together, but John's sister, Katie, said this is exactly how she holds her hands and uses her middle two fingers most often. It was a sweet example of how their mom really is.
The crazy Lucas gang (John's sister's family)
John's brother and his family (The Carpenters)
John's youngest sister and her family (The Wallace gang)
The whole family together. It was amazing we all held still to get a great shot...with everyone smiling too. Way to go guys! We had a great time seeing everyone.
As always, so many more pictures were taken that I could share, but I have to limit myself. ;)
Now on to the fun part of my day....yes, on a Friday night, I'm going to try to finish editing some photos from my family photo shoot and get my website rollin'. I'm super excited.

Big congratulations to my friend Monique Lowe http://www.moniquelowe.com/ for getting her photography business off the ground and launching her website. I'm right behind ya sister!
War Eagle!

1 comment:

monique lowe said...

Love the kiddo pics. you are getting good little lady. thanks for the shout out!!